College Volunteer Program
You must be currently enrolled in a post high school academic program to apply for the College Volunteer program.
Christiana Care’s College Volunteer Program offers many ways for students to make a difference through community service. We strive to provide a valuable experience for each college student. Our volunteers are a vital resource, bringing valuable talent and perspective, and a shared sense of commitment that benefits our patients. As a volunteer, you will be able to enrich the lives of our patients and families. Some volunteers acquire new and different skills, and others bring a vast wealth of knowledge and life experience. Some volunteers work directly with patients and their families, while others prefer to work in a variety of interesting and challenging settings that do not involve patient care.
Our program is organized by sessions and volunteers are required to complete a minimum of 50 hours of service per session.
College students who wish to volunteer, and have not volunteered with us before, must complete the first 3 steps outlined below for NEW volunteers.
If you have previously participated in our volunteer program and have completed a minimum of 50 hours, please e-mail us to discuss next steps. Please do not re-apply.
Next steps for new volunteers
- Complete online Volunteer Application.
- Print, complete, and return the required paperwork to Volunteer Services via e-mail or fax at 302-733-3417.
Please be sure to include your driver’s license and social security numbers on the paperwork where required. If you do not have one, please indicate NA in the appropriate section.
NOTE: Review Volunteer Training Manual to complete the Annual Volunteer Education located at the end of the paperwork.
- Please complete all the required fields in the Application Release Form so we may complete your criminal background check. When asked to provide a 5-digit ID number, please use 10124.
NOTE: After you have filled in your personal information, you must complete the disclosure form at the end which requires you to sign with the mouse. Your form will not be submitted until this step is completed.
Once the 3 steps above have been completed and we are in receipt of your application, paperwork, and PreCheck Release Form, we will contact you to continue with the next steps in the process:
- Schedule an interview session via a link that will be sent via e-mail upon completion of the first 3 steps.
- Selected applicants are required to attend a New Volunteer Orientation (dates to be provided at the interview session.)
- Selected applicants are required to obtain a TB test and flu shot (if applicable) prior to beginning their volunteer assignment.
There are many ways and places to volunteer at Christiana Care. Learn more about our volunteer opportunities by reviewing our Volunteer Directory. When you meet with a volunteer coordinator, you may discuss these options to see if they are the right fit for you.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the application process, please contact Volunteer Services via e-mail or by calling 302-733-1284, option #4. We look forward to working with you!
|Christiana Care Volunteer & Student Administration|
501 W. 14th St.
Wilmington, DE 19801 directions
4755 Ogletown-Stanton Road
Newark, DE 19718 directions