Guided Personalized Fitness
Whether you are currently exercising or just looking to get started, our specially-trained team of exercise physiologists can help you get on track with your fitness goals. Our comprehensive program helps to pinpoint your strengths and weakness, define your needs and keep you on track from day one through maintenance after you reach your goal. Personal fitness assistance includes:
- Fitness evaluations: Before you start an exercise program, it is important to have a thorough fitness evaluation. This information along with an extensive medical history and lifestyle profile are used to generate an appropriate exercise prescription designed to meet your needs, capabilities and interests.
- Exercise consultations: We will take the information from your current medical history and the results from your fitness evaluation and provide an interpretation of the data in a sit-down consultation with you. We personalize the information and provide an in-depth explanation of the approach we feel would be best for you. We explain what exercises to do, why you need to do them and how they will benefit you.
- Personal training: One-on-one instruction is available for people who want greater assistance or supervision during exercise.
- Individualized exercise programs to fit your needs: The Exercise Services staff at the Preventive Medicine and Rehabilitation Institute are especially experienced in evaluating and prescribing exercise for those with special needs. This includes people dealing with cardiovascular or pulmonary disease, diabetes, overweight/obesity, musculoskeletal disorders, cancer or multiple concerns. Prescribed and followed correctly, exercise has many medical benefits, often lessening or even eliminating the need for medications. Exercise really is one of the best medicines around.
- Monitoring your exercise safely: We maintain an environment that promotes safety and comfort, continuously monitored by staff who understand your needs and any limitations you may have. As appropriate, we will monitor your heart rate, blood pressure, blood oxygen and blood sugars for any adverse changes that occur. We will correspond with your doctor's office if necessary. If you have pre-existing health concerns, we provide extra protection and caring to help you get the most from your exercise program.
Eugene du Pont Preventive Medicine & Rehabilitation Institute
3506 Kennett Pike, Wilmington, DE 19807 directions