Center for Advanced Joint Replacement
Why Choose the Center for Advanced Joint Replacement?
Our patient satisfaction scores are consistently above 97 percent.
Our number-one goal is to ensure that you can get back to living your life fully, as quickly as possible.
Since opening its doors in 2000, the Center for Advanced Joint Replacement has developed a comprehensive, integrated process that includes seamless care starting at your orthopaedic surgeon's office and continuing through pre-hospital assessment, patient education, admission, surgery, post-surgical rehabilitation in the hospital, and for more than 80 percent of our patients, discharge directly to home after a hospital stay of less than three days.
Smooth transitions to home rehabilitation with the Christiana Care Visiting Nurse Association and Physical Therapy PLUS will streamline your recovery process.
Other features of the program include:
- A case manager who is responsible for your care needs throughout the process.
- Nurses who specialize in the care of joint-replacement patients.
- A preoperative physical-therapy evaluation.
- A class before your surgery that will prepare you for your surgery, your hospital stay and your recovery at home.
- Physical therapists to mobilize you and your new joint, progressing from getting out of bed to climbing stairs.
- Emphasis on group activities as well as individual care.
- Lunch in the Brandywine Room with your coach on your second day after surgery.
- An occupational therapist to educate you in the use of adaptive equipment, if needed.
- Family and friends educated to participate as "coaches" in the recovery process.
- Coordinated after-care program.
Your surgeon performs your surgery
The Center for Advanced Joint Replacement is not a teaching program. You can rest assured that the experienced surgeon that you choose will care for you throughout the entire process and will be the one in the operating room who performs your surgery. All of our physicians are board-eligible or board-certified in orthopaedics and specialize in joint replacement.
Be our guest
You'll feel more like a guest than a patient at the Center for Advanced Joint Replacement. You'll wear your own clothes, you'll have group physical therapy in the gym and dine with your coach in the Brandywine Room.