The Adolescent Bridge Program
- Provides rapid access to individualized evaluation, care planning and therapy for children and adolescents age 12 and older.
- Offers free group therapy sessions for middle school and high school students to address such areas as school anxiety, substance abuse, bullying, and anxiety and mood disorders.
- Assists teens with transitioning back to school following therapy.
Healthy Choices Group for Teens
The Healthy Choices groups for teens focus on understanding emotional health, effective communication skills, decision making, peer pressure and stress management strategies.
Teens who are interested in participating in a group must first complete a free pre-screening session at the Center for Comprehensive Behavioral Health, 205 W. 14th Street, Wilmington. These appointments are scheduled before or after school hours. Call 302-320-2100 to schedule an assessment appointment.
One group for Middle School students (grades 6 – 8) and
One group for High School students (grades 9 – 12)
The Rocco A. Abessinio Family Wilmington Health Center at Wilmington Hospital
Middle School student group meets Wednesdays from 4 – 5 p.m.
High School student group meets Thursdays from 4 – 5 p.m.
Children at every age experience unique physical, emotional and psychological challenges that may require professional evaluation and treatment. Our interdisciplinary team of professionals includes psychiatrists, nurses, social workers, psychologists, therapists, addiction specialists and counselors who specialize in caring for children with addictive illnesses, behavioral or developmental problems, and psychiatric disorders.
Our comprehensive approach includes a strong emphasis on prevention. Our staff works closely with pediatricians and community services to provide education, counseling and support services designed to identify problems early and to lay the groundwork for healthy social, psychological and emotional development among children and youth. Services include:
- Medication management.
- Family therapy and conflict resolution.
- Individual counseling and psychotherapy.
- Group therapy.
- Treatment for addiction.
- Crisis management.
- Education and counseling programs for adolescent parents.
- Pre- and post-natal support programs for adolescent mothers.
- Support group for young fathers.
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
4755 Ogletown-Stanton Road, Newark, DE 19718 directions