Children at every age experience unique physical, emotional and psychological challenges that may require professional evaluation and treatment. Our interdisciplinary team of professionals includes psychiatrists, nurses, social workers, psychologists, therapists, addiction specialists and counselors who specialize in caring for children with addictive illnesses, behavioral or developmental problems, and psychiatric disorders.
Our comprehensive approach includes a strong emphasis on prevention. Our staff works closely with pediatricians and community services to provide education, counseling and support services designed to identify problems early and to lay the groundwork for healthy social, psychological and emotional development among children and youth. Services include:
- Medication management.
- Family therapy and conflict resolution.
- Iindividual counseling and psychotherapy.
- Group therapy.
- Ttreatment for addiction.
- Crisis management.
- Education and counseling programs for adolescent parents.
- Pre- and post-natal support programs for adolescent mothers.
- Support group for young fathers.
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
4755 Ogletown-Stanton Road, Newark, DE 19718 directions